Individual Racism Alive And Well

Here are some jaw-droppingly horrible pictures from various race-themed parties that I collected earlier this year thanks to good reporting and students who are unwise enough to put their pictures on the internet.

Pictures from a "South of the Border" party at Santa Clara University in California:


Indeed, that IS a pregnant woman, cleaning ladies, and a slutty gang member.

A party in honor of Martin Luther King Day at Tarleton State University in Texas:

A party in honor of Martin Luther King Day at Clemson College in South Carolina:

A party in honor of Martin Luther King Day at University of Connecticut School of Law:

4 comments:

  Burrus Boys

November 12, 2007 at 5:12 PM

I would love to believe that no one in this day and age is a) insensitive enough to do this, and b) arrogant enough to then broadcast their stupidity on-line, but obviously I'm living in a dream world.

  Brady

November 19, 2007 at 5:54 PM

See, I'm not surprised by this in the slightest. I can't decide if that makes me a keen observer of social life, of just a hopeless cynic.

  Jeahmon

November 26, 2007 at 6:52 AM

This comment has been removed by the author.
  Anonymous

April 16, 2008 at 2:25 PM

Uh Oh! At 70s parties people dress like stereotypes too! If you want to be shocked listen to Lil Wayne's "Money on my Mind" or a host of others. People are going to dress like stereotypes for fun, it's a way to deal with the absurdity of it. The shocking thing is people who reinforce stereotypes by being the epitome of the stereotype.